Steve's Blog of the Bizarre

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Random post-Christmas musings...

Oh, I wish it could be Christmas every day!
Then I wouldn't have to put the Christmas decorations away...


Yup, it's Twelfth Night and time to un-deck the halls. Hmm. There's a carol that's due for a revamp - who in the average city actually has real holly to deck the halls with? For that matter, who has halls? Maybe a new version is in order:

Plastic fairy on plastic tree
Fa la la la la la la la la
'Tis the season to be happy
Fa la la la la la la la la


Maybe not. And it's still completely wrong: statistically 'tis the season for the most divorces, suicides and other occasions when the whole family gets together and remembers that they hate each other.

Oh, but I resolved to be all optimistic and positive-y. So, have had happy family Christmas with no divorces (no-one's married), no messy break-ups at all (am seeing a positive side to being permanently single) or deaths (so last year, literally, although Gill from work's best friend's husband did kill himself, but that's too tenuous a connection to worry about at the mo). So all happy happy happy. Well, actually yes, mostly. I'm unemployed, but that does give me time to faff about on the computer and actually write in my blog and stuff (seeing positive side, v.g. Hmm, am having Bridget Jones moment.... Not actually non-v.g. in itself, but should probably keep a watch on that.

Anyway, it's time for me to put the Christmas decorations in the garage now that I've actually taken them down. I'll probably be back writing more inane nonsense later, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home