Steve's Blog of the Bizarre

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Book of the day!

[No film of the day today (oh no) but instead we have a book of the day (hurrah!).]

Today I have mostly been reading: "Northern Lights" by Philip Pullman, the first in the "His Dark Materials" trilogy. I only bought it this afternoon so I've only read the first two chapters but I'm enjoying it so far and I'm going to read some more as soon as I've finished this post. I have now discovered what dæmons are, which is a good start! The trilogy is partly set in Oxford, so there have been a number of conversations about where the fictional 'Jordan College' might be and who some of the characters might be based on (there have been tutors gossiping)... Interesting...

In the meantime, I've been playing about with the template for this blog. I've added a Google search button and a drop-down list for the archives (which I will change to most recent first when I've had a play with some JavaScript). I suppose I could take off my uni links now, but that would be a bit sad. Anyway, time to get back to my book!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home