Steve's Blog of the Bizarre

Monday, March 14, 2005

Domestic goddess?

Today I've been working on becoming a domestic god or similar in the style of Nigella Lawson. I've made some lemon curd and I've just got a lemon and poppy seed cake out of the oven. Hurrah!

Well, it will make Mum happy - she likes lemony things. She's coming back from her latest overseas jaunt (Germany - a week after she got back from her trip to Egypt. As you do.) so I'll give her these exciting things before the inevitable "have you got a job yet?" question. Um, no. Grr.

Next I'm going to make some exciting soup. I haven't decided yet whether I'm going to make a Thai style chicken soup or an onion soup - mediterranean-style like I used to have on holidays: put in bowls with an egg and grated cheese on top and stuck under the grill. Fantastic!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home