Steve's Blog of the Bizarre

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Exciting Job Prospects!

I've been talking with one of my flat mates about what we're going to do after our exams and we have come up with an amazing career plan for me.

I study medieval French and German as part of my course, so all I have to do is wait for someone to invent a time machine. People will go on holiday to the past (more exciting than the moon - just a big ball of rocks and dust: not even any cheese!). They will clearly need an interpreter so my knowledge of medieval languages will be very useful and I'll get paid lots. This might cause a few problems for John, my flat mate: he studies Archaeology and Anthropology, so the time machine would make his subject a bit redundant if we can see everything as it was. Anyway, seems like the best plan for me!

While I wait, though, (might take a while I guess!) I'm planning to learn something completely new like Russian or Chinese (Mandarin/Cantonese). Bit of a change - should be fun. Hopefully I'm going back to France next year - the place where I hope to stay has evening courses across the road in Chinese, Russian and Japanese - would mean learning those languages in French, but that only adds to the fun!

Useful reading, perhaps, while waiting for the invention of the time machine:
'The Time Machine' by H. G. Wells

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home